Would Wal-Mart strike you as a green company? Go check walmart.com and see that they have a page called “Wal-Mart Sustainability”.. By the way, they just announced their “Global Responsible Sourcing Initiative” which includes tough environmental goals suppliers must meet if they wish to do business with Wal-Mart.
Looking at the presidential candidates, McCain has a page devoted to Climate Change which calls for a “market-based system to curb greenhouse gases”. Likewise, Barack Obama promises to “reduce our greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050”. Just randomly searching the internet, it seems that everybody is on board: Continental Airlines offers a carbon offset program. General Motors is developing an electric car, the Chevy Volt. New buildings are LEED certified by the U.S. Green Building Council. Consumers buy Energy Star rated appliances. The list goes on and on.
What does it mean to us, the foam applicators?
Its all good news, because foam really is green. The general challenge is for us to tread lightly on our planet by saving emissions while we allow ourselves to maintain our lifestyle by keeping everything affordable. Foam does exactly that: it helps save the planet by reducing emissions by 50% compared to traditional methods, and also by saving 50% of the associated energy bill. The problem is that we as an industry dont tell the world how good we are. Imagine if Ford had a new truck using 50% less energy. It would be all over the news!
So, this is what IFC does for its customers, our industry, and ultimately, in our small way, for our planet:
1. Were putting out the message to home owners and builders that foam is green, and saves money and the planet in one step.
2. Were helping our customers (the contractors) gain market share by cultivating the E:zero foam brand. E:zero addresses home owners big concerns:
- Being able to afford future energy bills by cutting energy consumption by 50% today
- Installing only comfortable, reliable and performing materials without health concerns
- Installing only comfortable, reliable and performing materials without health concern
1. We admit that were a green company, meaning that long-term sustainability is a huge goal for us and for our customers.
2. We are helping our customers to get ready to capitalize on the coming green revolution. We believe that there will be intense green pressure from consumers, businesses and the government.
The good news: the foam industry is already there. If all homes were foamed, many good things would happen:
- Total national energy consumption would be reduced by at least 20%
- Personal and public debt would sharply decrease as our nation would save billions annually
- We would make huge progress in our effort to reduce carbon emissions